Just beyond the stove was a hallway.  I left the kitchen and began to investigate more of the apartment.  Down the hallway I noticed what looked to be the exit of the place.  I guessed this because the door at the end of the hallway was different from the other doors.  It had those four rectangular shapes and I was pretty sure I saw a peephole as well. 

     The door to the right was closed and the door to the left looked to be a bathroom.  I heard what sounded like a toilet running so I stuck my head inside.  Sure enough, I was right, so I jiggled the handle and listened as the floating lever mechanism finally reached the top of the water and the sound of running water stopped.

     The bathroom itself looked pretty clean.  No signs of schmutz on the toilet, no itty bitty hair shavings littered around the sink, no towels smelling of mildew laying on the floor.  This looked nothing at all like any bathroom in any place I had ever lived in.  At least, I was pretty certain I'd never live in a place like this.

     Normally I'm pretty respectful of other people's belongings but right now I wasn't really feeling normal at all.  So of course I had to rummage through the medicine cabinet.